There are many benefits of Sass for WordPress developers. You’ve probably heard many arguments for using a pre-processor by now. CSS pre-processors provide the opportunity for better code organization by using partials and nesting styles. Pre-processors help developers style faster by writing mixins and functions. Pre-processors also allow us to write more maintainable, scalable code with logic and variables.
Convert a Stylesheet to Sass
The best way to start using Sass in WordPress development is to use a theme that has Sass files included. The Underscores theme is my favorite starting place for a new theme. However, if you’re starting with a theme that doesn’t have Sass files included, you’ll need to convert the existing stylesheet to Sass.
The good news is that if you’re using the .scss syntax (which I recommend), your existing CSS is all valid Sass. You can simply copy
style.scss and that .scss file will compile properly.
Setting Up Partials
At this point, you’ve got a long .scss file with just as much code as your original CSS file. You can now use variables and mixins, but this still isn’t organized better yet. We can get some much-needed organization by breaking the long stylesheet up into smaller files. Copy each “section” of
style.css to a separate .scss file in your Sass folder. Name this file after what it contains with an underscore prefix. For example, your styles relating to your navigation go to
Once you’ve moved code to a partial, you’ll need to import that partial in your main style.scss file. Essentially, you’ll copy all the navigation code to
_navigation.scss and replace it in
style.scss with an import command. Note: the file name in the import does not have the underscore or the extension.
These days people browse on wide-screen desktop monitors, smaller desktop monitors, laptops, tablets and mobile phones. So if you want your potential customers or clients to have a good experience when they visit your site, regardless of what device they are using, you need your theme to be mobile responsive.
Divi theme is fully Responsive so no matter how you use it and no matter how you view it, your website is going to look fabulous.
Smart, flexible and beautiful that’s Divi the drag and drop pagebuilder theme from Elegant Themes
Divi was released by Elegant Themes at the end of 2013, quickly becoming the center of attention in the community. What’s interesting about it is that it’s easy to use, very user-friendly, but elegant and professional at the same time.
Its interface, which is called Divi builder, offers a simplistic approach to web design at a first glance, due to the fact that it splits the dashboard in horizontal layers, similar to the header, body and footer.
Everybody seemed to love Divi, so we can say that the strategy envisaged by Elegant Themes proved to be a right choice.
In fact, Divi has become so popular that, during last March, Elegant Themes didn´t blink to make a move that usually involves making difficult decisions: They increased the price of their Personal Package membership from $39 to $69 (although the new yearly subscription price would affect only new members, since Elegant Themes always honors the signup price for current members; in their own words: “we will never raise the price for people who have already signed up”). Anyway, $69 looks like a very fair price for a collection of 87 themes, especially when one of them is Divi, which really deserves that price by itself.
Get Full Story of Divi
Dive into Divi Reviews
Today We are going to provide you Important features of Avada theme. This is one of the best multipurpose wordpress theme. Avada v3.5 is number one selling wordpress theme on themeforest. The theme is running on more than 75,000 websites and has a user rating of 4.7 out of 5 on themeforest. The theme has a clean, super flexible and has a fully responsive design. Avada WordPress theme can be used blogs, product selling websites, portfolio, corporate and business websites or any kind of business website.
Avada v3.5 theme has a responsive design. Due to responsiveness, the theme can adjust itself according to the varying devices. It looks awesome on every kind of device if it is mobile, tablet, laptop or anything else. If you don’t want reponsive design for your website then you can easily turn it off.
- Avada WordPress theme has an advanced and powerful admin panel where you can easily customize the theme. You can select from boxed or wide layout, select dark or light skins, change short-code styling and lot more.
- The theme is packed with ultra sharp retina graphics so your website will look amazing on retina devices like iPhone, iPads etc.
- Avada v3.5 is very easy to install and setup. If you have a new website and want your website to look as shown in the demo, you can easily import the demo content with the help of inbuilt demo content importer present in theme options.
- The theme includes built in Megamenu. You can add widgets, images, forms, maps and more in the menu. It gives an enhanced look to the website.
- Avada WordPress theme allows you to add custom backgrounds at different area of your website like header, footer, content and Page Title Bar. You can also set background for individually per post or page.
- Avada v3.5 is fully compatible with Woo Commerce and bbpress plugins.
- The theme is packed with a shortcode generator that helps to customize your posts and pages easily without messing with coding.
- Avada WordPress theme includes premium slider plugins like Awesome 2D/3D Layer Slider and Revolution Slider.
The theme is translation ready and compatible with WPML plugin. There are a lot of other amazing features, try the theme and find out yourself.
We recommend to buy the theme for regular updates, security and suggestions